Monday, March 2, 2015

Cold weather outfit posts and an update

The month of February here in Montreal has apparently been one of the coldest months since they even started recording weather! It can be very disappointing when it comes to getting dressed in the morning and finding items to wear that not only keeps you warm but keeps you stylish at the same time. Note, I live in leggings during the winter. Much more comfortable and warmer than tights and the possibilities are endless! I even got 4 more pairs on my lunch hour today!

Another picture taken after I removed my beloved DMs. I wore this sweater and scarf all day. The skirt is a pinned striped one, worn with leggings.
I love that scarf. It is not really displayed here but it is from Sourpuss clothing.  I even wear it in the office to keep my warm! I think the item has been discontinued, too bad! The scarf is reversible.

Image source:

Image source



Leggings, tu-tu skirt (weekend running errands look) with my favorite t-shirt. The sweater came on afterwards. It is warm enough in the house to wear my t-shirt.I don't pay for the heating. In a way it is a good thing considering the winter we are having but on the other hand, I would much rather pay for the heating and control the temperature. The house is either way too warm or too cold.

I just put this photo in because I thought it was cute.

That Garnier Intense Wash Out color I used and did a product review? For some reason, I cannot explain why, the color seems to hold better after the second application. I re-applied the stuff, kept it in for a day, washed my hair and it was still noticeable, not as vibrant but noticeable. This is my hair after the second shampoo? I am guessing, the more you use it, the longer it stays?


I since started using Manic Panic again and I am loving the results!

16 comments:

  1. omg, love that purple outfit!
    <3
    http://retro-electric.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are utterly amazing! Both comfy and super chic, I love it! I would die to own a scarf like that, I like the white bats on the black background. <3

    unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is important to be comfy, especially when it is so cold outside

      Delete
  3. Nice outfits! Its starting to get warmer here in the UK now, I'm not looking forward to summer. Although I love spring. Your tutu skirt is awesome! And that photo with your son is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am not really a summer person either. I tell people that I can't wait for it to get warmer so I can start complaining about how hot it is! I want something new to bitch about! Thanks for the compliments

      Delete
  4. I love the scarf! To bad it's been discontinued. And such a big boy you've got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks! I am glad I got it before it was discontinued :)

      Delete
  5. Fleece leggings are the best for winter. I've also officially succumbed to winter's icy grip. I've had one cold after another, salt stains on my shoes, barely any heat in my apartment, all those sick people on the train and in the office...I've given up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have some of those too! I am so sorry to hear you been sick so often. I have been feeling ill for over a month. I finally broke down on Sunday and went to the clinic because I can't get rid of this darned cough! I am glad I did, I got bronchitis! Take care of yourself. Hopefully your apartment warms up too

      Delete
  6. I love that pinstripe skirt. I have a similar bat scarf that is an infinity scarf. It will be worn more when it isn't so blessed cold out. I can completely sympathize about the Docs. The other day I took out our trash in flip flops (basically bare feet in snow) just because I was too lazy to put my boots back on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a plain black canvas shoe for those things! 14 hole docs are a pain to lace up when you are not going anywhere :)

      Delete
  7. Dammit, I want that scarf!

    Aw, your photo with your little boy is cute! Yay for alternative mums!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ^^ i also am one of those sad people who 'back then' were a few days late when the scarf got discontinued, take good care of your treasure :-D and with most hair products i've experienced the 'stays in longer with each use' thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I am sorry to hear that! I will treasure the scarf!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...