Monday, March 30, 2015

30 Day Goth Challenge Days 3-6

Day 4 – Name a stereotype or cliche you can relate to. 

I don't really follow stereotypes or cliches. I guess aside from dressing all in black all the time, that is the only stereotype I follow.  I don't want to completely piggyback on Laura Morrigan's blog post by posting Trellia's goth stereotype pictures so I am going to just link here a previous post I did on that subject.



Day 5 – Is there a local Goth band or group in your area? 

Luckly for me, there are several local goth bands in my area. I don't have time to keep up with them all and I suppose that they are a here today, gone tomorrow sort of a deal. We have several DJs. Two of them have been spinning since I was a teenager and both of them are still around! They are awesome!


Day 6 – Hand write your favourite lyric and take a picture.

I love music and don't have a favourite lyric. Usually, I listen to music for a combination of things: the way the song was composed (the instruments, the notes they play, the overall melody) then the lyrics come second. Sometimes, a song will appeal to me because of the lyrics and the message behind them. It all depends.

I did write down a set of three lyrics from three very different bands. The reason why I did it this way is to see who could guess them all. I also did it because I have been listening to these three bands a lot lately! 





 

7 comments:

  1. Don't know any of the songs, but that last one reminds me of the murder ballads by nick cave. My husband of course recognized the first one. Lol reading your blog has become a couple's activity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am glad the both of you are enjoying my blog. the second song is called "The Skeletal Garden" by Sopor Aeternus and the last one is "Time For Tea" by Emilie Autumn :)

      Delete
    2. now you made us stop using our brains on this :-(

      Delete
  2. I got the first one :) The last one also made me think about Murder Balads. More fun if you had waited a few more days before you posted the answer, but now I have two new bands to check out. I mostly listen to old school goth, and seldom hear about new (to me) bands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling I should know the first one, second is from my dear Anna Varney (ha ha I WISH we were friends) known as Sopor Aeternus, and the last one is Emilie Autumn. Reading the lyrics of The Skeletal Garden on a deviantART pic first got me interested in Sopor Aeternus (DeviantART, how 00s Goth is that ;P )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...