I wanted to do something different with my streaks. I originally was going to purchase my favorite hair dye (Manic Panic) but I came across the Garnier Intense Wash out Color instead.
|Image source: http://www.beautyjunkiesunite.com/WP/2014/07/15/sneak-peek-garnier-color-styler-hair-color-pink-pop-bronze-attitude-blue-burst-red-temptation-purple-mania/|
What prompted me to purchase this one over Manic Panic was the cost. I am cheap, I know! Manic Panic was $16.99 and this one was $8.99. It says to wash out in two shampoos on the box but mine did after the first wash. So don't expect much. If you want something that lasts a little longer, I would opt for Manic Panic or another kind of dye.
The instructions were clear. Apply on hair. Do not rinse out. Brush when dry. The only problem is when you comb it, it leaves your hair kinda hard and crunchy!
What I liked:
- came with black gloves and not the thin cheapie see through kind
- it smells nice
- it does show up on darker hair. I got some on my black hair and it is a dark blue.I seen pictures online where some of the other colors came out nicely on darker hair.
What I disliked:
- it is not that thick goop I am accustomed to when I use that Manic Panic stuff.
- It is VERY watery and stains easy so it is a pain to apply. It goes everywhere!
- Rubs off easily. I did not test getting caught in the rain but I can assume the color will run out. It is a temporary color, after all.
Here is an example of what my hair looked like right after:
Here is what my hair looked like after one shampoo (sorry, bad photo quality):
The end result? I do NOT recommend this if you want a more permanent fix. This is good if you want a temporary solution (like a night out at a club, for example). It was a lot of fun trying out a new product though. This is definitely a better alternative to hair chalks. I feel like a smurf!