Saturday, February 14, 2015

My husband and a vampire soiree



Holly, on her blog "Holly's Horror Land" is hosting her fourth annual Vampire's Day Soiree. This is my first year participating and I thought it would be fun. Basically, you post anything vampire related. How could I not resist this? Today, I would like to feature Kaname Kuran from the anime Vampire Knight. I watched this anime last summer on Netflix and I loved it. I really liked Kaname because he is mysterious and calculating.

Source: fanpop.com / yahoo images


Due to today being Valentine's day, I would like to talk about my husband James (Jay). We met each other in high school but we were far from being high school sweet hearts. In fact, we had a very polite disdain for each other. I was too much of a perky goth and he was too morose, too doom and gloom for my liking. We made it very clear to anyone who would listen that we disliked each other immensely. He thought I was annoying and I thought he was an arrogant, egotistical jerk who has a serious case of pole up the butt syndrome!

We often saw each other in the neighborhood, especially at the corner store when we were buying cigarettes (we used to be smokers back then) because our folks lived in walking distance from each other!

I used to have a huge dog called Sam who was a mixed breed; part German Sheppard and part husky. I noticed that Jay was afraid of my dog, much to my amusement. I made sure he overheard me telling people that my dog was a really good attack dog and was very protective of me. All I had to do was give the command and Sam would come to my defense!

I remember once I was out walking the dog with my dad. I noticed Jay crossing the street, like he always did to avoid me and the dog. You see, he never bothered crossing the street when I wasn't walking the dog. Naturally,  I started laughing at him and even remarked on how the jerk was a big chicken for being afraid of Sam. My dad replied "be careful what you say, Sylvie. You may just end up marrying him one day". I was not too impressed with my dad at that time!

About a decade later, we have both been living on our own for a couple of years and had lives of our own. I got out of a bad relationship and an old friend of mine suggested I talk to this geeky guy he knows. I was not interested but my friend was very insistent. I eventually relented and decided to  set up a chat on MSN messenger (this was before Skype) before meeting a stranger face to face.

 After about two hours of chatting, we both realised who the other person was and we both were very angry at out friend for even insisting that we meet! Our mutual friend conveniently lied to us and not told us who the other person was.We both were so curious to see how our mortal enemy had turned out that we agreed to meet for coffee.

We have been married for 8 years and been together for 9 years! That mutual friend ended being best man at the wedding! I really did marry my best friend and as a result, he gave me the greatest gift anyone has ever given me: he gave me my son. Jay has been with me through thick and thin. He never left my side and always supported me no matter what. We still sometimes bicker like we did in high school but with much less venom but with a whole lot more loving sarcasm! He is a great dad and is a huge help around the house. I am very lucky to have him in my life so I guess my dad was right all along!

Me and my son

20 comments:

  1. It's funny how things work out in life, isn't it? I think that's an adorable story, and I'm glad you and James finally found one another again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and it really is funny how things work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life likes to have a joke on us at times and twist the unexpected into reality. Glad you found each other again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this! Cupid seriously does work in mysterious ways, doesn't he? Perfect!

    Happy Vampire's Day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute story! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and just how smug did your dad look at your wedding? So happy for all 3 of you :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, my dad passed away before I got married, even before I started dating m husband but I am sure he was quite smug watching over me!

      Delete
  7. Such a sweet story and pic! I have a feeling I'll love Vampire Knight too, so I shall check it out.
    Thanks so much for attending the Soiree! Hope you had a happy Vampire's Day! ^♥^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Vampire Knight was an excellent anime, I am sure you will love it!

      Delete
  8. Ha ha, funny how silly we can be in highschool. I remember this girl in my class who thought i was so dark and odd, we used to tease each other. On the last day of school she hugged me and said she would miss me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your story, how wonderful is the universe and how comical is our reality some times. Lovely posting for Vampire Soiree. THanks, Oma Linda http://yeoldecronesgazette.blogspot.com/2015/02/vampire-soiree-2015wheres-your-vania.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was such a cute story! My husband and I also met through a mutual friend, and both were convinced that this would never work out. 15 years and three kids later we have luckely changed our minds although we do still joke about it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...