Saturday, February 7, 2015

February bat fit update - It was all about me!

It has been a month since Batfit was launched. It was a bit of a struggle to be honest. I did not reach my exercise goals due to frequent migraines and I also came down with this weird bug. It has been over a week since I caught this cold/flu and I am still coughing constantly!  I did manage to get in many work outs in between so it was not a complete waste.

I have cut down on the sweets but I am not avoiding them either. I cut down on less healthy food items and am replacing them with better choices.

 I do make note of what I ate during the day and am surprised. I really don't eat that much. I think I just really need to be a little more mindful of what I eat (ie. chocolate) and definitely exercise more.


This is a lifestyle change. It will come with many hurdles. In my case the migraines and getting sick were mine, more than anything else.

I guess the point of this post is to love yourself and take care of yourself. I learned over the past few weeks to not be so hard on myself. If I got a migraine, I waited until I felt 100% better to do that load of laundry or to tidy up the house. I learned to listen to my body. Whenever I felt under the weather, I let my husband look after my son and take on my share of the housework. He was happy to help. I even let my son take care of me. I never really showed any weakness in front of him before. I was always the strong one. This time, I let it go. I let him give me hugs and comfort. It was great! The both of us were left feeling happy. It was nice for me to have the little one dote on me and he was proud that he made his mom feel better. I even missed a little over 3 days of work (So grateful for sickdays/PTOs) but I knew that I needed that rest and for once in my life, I did not feel guilty about it! I am an anxious person but I knew that worrying about missing work wouldn't help me in the long run. There is nothing wrong with putting your well being and needs first.When I did go back to work, I was well rested and productive.

This has been a great journey. I  did not completely meet my fitness goals but I gained some positive insight. I feel like it was a success nonetheless.



8 comments:

  1. It is good you are letting others take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is very hard for me to allow others take care of me. I always been the strong one or the mother hen but sometimes, it is also ok to let others carry that torch. It is not always easy to let it go. All my life I have been overly independant that way but it is not always the most healthy way to be either

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got 11 other months to go! It's ok to take time off if you're sick. I haven't gone to the gym the last 2 weeks for the same reason. Better to rest and get better than exert your body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true. I am also the type of person, I get sick, I get discouraged and I stop altogether. I just dont want that to happen again.

      Delete
  4. I'm kind of viewing my goals as a whole year thing, and not worrying so much if I drop the ball a little due to illness or other issues. Hope you are feeling better now, and it's good that the 2 lovely men in your life took care of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I personally like to view them as a monthly thing. In the past, if I view them as a yearly thing, it only lets me slack off. I really dont want to do that again

      Delete
  5. It sounds to me like listening to your body and taking care of yourself are important first steps to a healthier journey. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, sounds like you really deserve some rest for once. How sweet to have your son take care of you too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...