Monday, February 16, 2015

Crazy people and cupcakes!

Again, I did not have much time to post (fighting off the tail end of that nasty virus I had and been too cold to do anything else)  so I decided to do a "what is happening in my life" personal post. First of all, we began apartment hunting again. I hate the idea of moving so soon considering we have only been here for a little over a year but I have some neighbors who are most probably schizophrenic. I am a little concerned for my son's safety. Apparently, making normal noise sets them off and they are convinced we are using ray guns to send beams downstairs to mess with their cell phone reception. They also think we have machines to spy on them. This is the second building in two years where I lived next to "special people". My last apartment had "crazy lady bang wall" next door who thought doing a load of laundry at 8pm was disrespectful. Buying a house in Montreal is super expensive and moving off island is not a choice for us. If I have to live in the burbs, I would much rather be a 15-20 minute car ride away from downtown, thank you very much. I am sorry, I know many people can do it but you can take the girl out of the city but not the city out of the girl!

I was quite pissed off Friday night too. I called saying I was going to be 15 minutes late for an apartment viewing and the people never bothered to show up to show me the place. The weather here has been extremely cold, just being outside for 5 minutes and I lost feeling in my hands with gloves on. To make matters worse, I had my son with me. Oh well, it was late so he had McDonald's for supper! At least someone was happy!

Today, my son was sick (I blame it on those jerks not showing up, he caught a draft by being out in the cold) so I had to stay home from work. He has the sniffles but had a fever this morning. His complexion was also paler than usual. He spent most of the day in bed with me, which was nice.

I re-did my hair this weekend. I will be doing a post along with a product review soon, so stay tuned!

I have to admit, this weekend I rested. I am getting over that nasty virus and it was just too darned cold to go do anything else. The highlight was at work on Friday afternoon. We celebrate everyone's birthdays and considering mine is tomorrow, I got mentionned along with coworkers who have birthdays this month. I was half serious when I requested a chocolate  Hello Kitty cake. My super creative co-worker who makes these on her spare time no less , delivered. I was so happy when I saw my very own signature cake for me!


10 comments:

  1. Ugh! Your week sounds sucktastic! Hang in there. I snorted at the title but am so glad that you have some colleagues who get YOU! HUG! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think mercury is still in retrogade or something. It sucked balls lol. I am glad you snorted at the tittle, I was trying to be funny! I thought it was really sweet that my coworker thought of me.

      Delete
  2. Those cookies are so cute! Happy b-day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hello Kitty cake is great! Wow, your neighbours are worrying, I can see why you want to move! I hope you find a good place soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your son is doing better now (and you).

    Our first flat was next door to a halfway house for alcoholics. It was very well run, and we never had any trouble with them but every two weeks one fella would get his giro (welfare) cheque and get bladdered. Then the singing would start at 3am...usually If I'd Known You Were Coming I'd have Baked a Cake! He also though he was the second coming...it's quite amusing when you are 2 newly weds, but I wouldn't have liked a child to hear it.

    Best of luck house hunting - and BRRRRR! Sounds cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be amused to with those alcoholics living next door. At my last place, across the hall, we had these two young bachelors. They smoked pot on the weekends (which i was able to smell in the hallway) but that never bothered me. They were really nice! I always knew when there was a hockey game going on and whenever Montreal would score a goal because there would be a lot of shouting and cheering! I loved it! It always made me laugh. I miss those two. They moved out and then "crazy lady bang wall" next door moved in. It is really frigging cold here. i cant wait for spring!

      Delete
  5. ugh i hear you. best wishes on the apartment search. I had a roommate who was schizo and there were days she wouldn't let me enter the apartment because of something or other. The apartment would be remodeled in all kinds of crazy ways...one day i had torn up magazines forming pathways, other days I'd open cupboards to find purposefully arranged bugs and garbage. Finally I had enough one day (when she wouldn't let me in) and called the cops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that sucks! It is sad. There should be better ressources for these people. There should be someone (ie a social worker) that goes in once a week to make sure they are taking their meds. I was told, usually, people with schizophrenia are non-violent yet I always wonder. About 3 months after I moved in last year, they got into a screaming match. The girl was pounding on the door downstairs. My son was terrified. i lied and said it was their TV, which he believed because I have family members who are hard of hearing and tend to blare their TVs. The cops came and it got quiet. A couple of days later, I saw the girl standing outside and she had her foot in a splint. She must have kicked the door so hard she must of broken her toe or something. I realize when they go off of their meds, they start complaining about us to the landlady (we make noise) but after I confronted them about it the first time around, they made all those crazy accusations. I called the cops on them because they started banging on my ceiling for no reason. They told the police as well as the mediator that we are using ray guns and machines to spy on them! I thought it was funny. I am sorry you had to deal with that. These people dont bother me that much (only when I presume they go off of their meds) but to have to live with someone like that must of been so hard.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...