Monday, January 12, 2015

Product review: L'Oreal Voluminous black liquid eyeliner

I don't recall seeing this eyeliner in stores but I got it when I went to the l'Oreal sale a couple of weeks ago. It is written on the package "Mistake proof marker" and I thought I would give it a try. I thought I would get three of them, they were only $2.00 each.

Granted, I lose complaining rights because I did get this item at a discount price but to be honest, that whole whopping six dollars could of been better spent elsewhere!

For the first few days, the eyeliner went on effortlessly and I thought how great it was especially when I pressed for time and everything. It looked great and I was happy.Afterwards, I noticed the black started to look brown and I had to go over it with my pencil eyeliner.

Putting this eyeliner over eyeshadow is a mess. Don't even bother. It did nothing. I am not skilled enough to put eyeshadow around the eyeliner!

What really rots my socks? The eyeliner died on me after about two weeks of use.

Again, I don't really have a right to complain. I didn't pay full price for this and I really do love l'Oreal products but once I use up these supplies, I am going back to my old fashion brush and liquid eyeliner routine. I will take that extra five minutes.

Hopefully this could help you guys out if you should ever come across it in stores.


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warning, I would certainly not pay full price for this now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like eyeliners in pen - everyone I had was "short-lasting" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love liquid eyeliner! I don't wear other make-up much, but eyeliner and mascara are a daily must for me.

    I've tried pencil, felt tipped and brush liners. Some don't last long at all, others fade, clump, or are extremely messy to apply, but my favourite, by far, is this one by Rimmel :: http://uk.rimmellondon.com/products/eyes/exaggerate-eye-liner It glides on smoothly, stays put all day and night, and a bottle can last me a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that one for months too then it died so I got tried the l'oreal one! I am going to re-buy it!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, I always like reviews, find them very helpful. Especially as an eyeliner addict always looking for something better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the head's up! I LOVE liquid eyeliner, but good ones are definitely hard to find. :-( I've never had good luck with L'Oreal products, glad you usually do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this one was prety bad. I got some new ones yesterday. I am going to try them out and might do another review.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...