Saturday, December 27, 2014

What I did on my Christmas vacation

I am exhausted. I did not celebrate Yule as much as I wanted to but I think I am going to change this tradition next year! I sort of slacked off when I had a kid. It is hard to juggle everything. I worked until noon on Christmas Eve then I stopped off to pick up some last minute food items. I rushed home to start the preparations for the next day. I baked a cake and date squares. My husband helped out a lot with the cleaning. The following day, on Christmas morning, my son woke us up at 6am! He was very excited to unwrap his gifts. I made Turkey, stuffing and tourtiere, which it was made a few weeks before. Essentially, Tourtiere is meat pie with potatoes in it. I use three different kinds of meat. (lamb, pork and beef)  My mom came and seemed to enjoy the meal. Unfortunately, we were not much company because we were so exhausted and she left early. I think next year, I am going to do the festivites on the 24 instead.

On Boxing day, we headed down to my husband's aunts house. She owns a very old house. It is very gorgeous and she has so many beautiful antiques. It is always nice going there.

The weekend is being spent cleaning up after all the excitement. I am glad Christmas came but I am also glad it is over.


Some of the things I got. I apologize for the poor photo quality! 


14 comments:

  1. It's funny how we feel so relieved after the holidays. Sometimes all that stress can take the fun out of it, I've had that with Halloween. I'm glad this year I decided to take it easy on Christmas day; I didn't feel that burst of relief when boxing day came around, although it did look much nicer with the sun shining and all lol. It sounds like you had a nice time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a nice time but I am definately doing things a little different next year! Glad to hear that yours went well :)

      Delete
  2. Yayy! I love Maleficent! Sounds like your Christmas was really busy, I don' t know how people do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I do it too. I thought you would like Maleficient, I was so happy when hubby got it for me.

      Delete
  3. Christmas is lovely but hard work, especially as you work & have a small person to look after. Some lovely gifts, not sure when it airs in your area but this year's Doctor Who Christmas special was well scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doctor Who aired on Christmas but I taped it on my PVR. I went to sleep by the time it aired (9pm lol) but I did watch it yesterday. I thought it was great and even teared up at certain parts.

      Delete
  4. I am happy that Christmas is over too. It is such a busy season for me. I am looking forward to some rest and relaxation now! It was a good Christmas for us though. I always think I will be more organized next year but that never happens. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good Christmas for us too but I am glad to have some rest and relaxation. I am going back to work tomorrow but then I am off Wednesday as of noon. I like to think New Years is for the adults, although I am not doing anything special. Just staying at home in my PJs and vegging out.

      Delete
    2. Its sounds as though you had an amazing Christmas with family, despite being exhausting. I thinks when you have a family Christmas is exhausting, especially have young children. I spent Christmas with my boyfriend neither of us have kids, so we just spent most of in of pj watching movies and sleeping. Like you I am back to work tomorrow.

      Delete
    3. Enjoy those kid free days, should you decide to have any children. While I love my son to pieces, I sometimes miss those quiet kid free days!

      Delete
  5. I feel the same every year, I LOVE christmas but I also like when it's over. :'D

    The bag looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol we are all holidayed out ourselves. Ooh Dr. Who stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah I was quite pleased to see my hubby got me the TARDIS mug, a mini TARDIS that lights up and a mini Cyberman. I need more shelf space LOL

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...