Saturday, November 1, 2014

While celebrating Halloween, coffee and Mcdonald's became my best friend!

If you read the Professor's blog, she encouraged us to post about our Halloween at home adventures. I have a little one so we go out Trick Or Treating. This is so much fun! It brings back memories of my dad and I Trick or Treating together when I was a kid. I miss him so much, Halloween was our thing we did together. He passed away fourteen years ago so it is nice to relive old memories.

Our day began when a little boy ran into our room asking for his costume before we even got out of bed. We encouraged him to watch his cartoon shows while we got ready (and had a much needed cup of coffee) but the excitement was in the air. It was hard to get ready because we were being pestered every five minutes to leave. I think at one point, we lost patience and threatened him with no trick or treating because he had a meltdown. It was sort of an empty threat but he doesn't need to know that! It worked, he calmed down, somewhat, and we were able to finish getting ready. If my son had his way, we would of been leaving at 6:45am to take him to his Halloween party at daycare. The daycare was still closed at that time, by the way!

When we were FINALLY ready to leave, we helped put the little rascal in his costume and I asked him to pose for those mandatory Mom pictures I like to take. After all, in this day and age with social media, I had to show off the cuteness on my Facebook page and blog!

LOL his socks don't match and the cat is photo bombing again but that is how we roll in my house

The daycare was great. They gave me chocolate because apparently, I will need the sugar to get me through the day, they were right! He is four years old, he knows what Halloween is. He is also able to understand our excitement. We had an excited, rambunctious kid full of sugar to deal with after a long, busy day at work.

I got off of work a little earlier than usual because I took a shorter lunch. I picked the little Rascal from daycare. He was jumping up and down telling me all excitedly between breaths about his day and his Halloween party. Knowing that Trick or Treating will soon start and would need to get started soon, we opted for our yearly tradition supper: We ate at McDonald's.

Still excited from his day, he was busy watching the kids sitting behind us. He is holding a loot bag a co-worker of mine made for him! Spoiled Monkey!


I did not give out candy this year (booo me, I suck I know) but the kid wanted me to take him Trick Or Treating. My husband gave out candy last year and I got a little nervous when a gang of teenagers circled us and one was eyeing his candy bucket.  Also helping a tired, over 35 pound kid in a bulky costume up and down stairs is not easy! We were out for over an hour and a half. He got a good haul too, my neighborhood rocks!

They sing and their mouth move! I put them on top of my speaker cause the little Rascal kept pushing the button to make them sing, over and over!
 
The centerpiece he made for me at daycare, I love it!
A few little things on my kitchen table.
Yes, its a Hello Kitty toaster in the background LOL
A pic of my TV. We watched Charlie Brown together the night before Halloween (Devil's night) while sipping hot cocoa. It's nice to watch the little one get as animated as I did growing up watching it. 
















One of the houses up the street giving out candy. They were so nice too!
The next morning. We were tired when we got in. Costume, coats, shoes, etc left on the floor with the closet left open. No skeletons there! I like the decoration I did with the foliage I got from the Dollar store!
This was my Halloween at home. I originally wanted to stay up and watch John Carpenter's Halloween. I ended up crashing out with my little one in his bed instead. I think it was all that excitement and fresh air, it tucked us both out. I feel kinda sad about this because I wanted the day to last longer so I can enjoy every minute of it but we still had a blast! I also feel sad because my little counter at the bottom of this page now  reads: only 364 days left until Halloween. I hope everyone reading this had fun, we sure did!




16 comments:

  1. Your little guy is adorable. Enjoy these Halloweens while he is little. They are the best ones! My son is almost seventeen now but he used to love Trick or Treating. Now he doesn't even dress up at all. But he still loves Horror Movies and usually watches them with me. He also eats all the left over candy. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really sweet that your son watches horror movies with you. I plan on enjoying all special occassions with him because I do know children grow fast! I hope I can make these events just as precious to him as my dad made them for me when he was alive. I hope one day, when my son looks far back into his memories, he will have good ones to hold one to :)

      Delete
  2. I love the centerpiece that your son made! Precious and absolutely perfect for you :)

    I don't think you should feel bad at all for not handing out candy. I feel like that's the responsibility of those of us who don't have kids. Trust me, my life of simply buying candy and handing it out is much easier than yours-- getting everyone the right costume, dressed and out the door!

    Looks like you had a lot of fun! I love your neighbor's decorations! One day I want one of those giant blow-up displays. They're so awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I missed those days of just buying candy to hand out! On the other hand, I wouldn't trade my life for the world

      Delete
  3. I love the Autumn Faery statue! I love that in America Halloween is really like Goth Christmas. I didn't know they even had events at daycare! Wow! Sounds like an all day party, no wonder he was eager to get up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I think it is awesome the daycare has a Halloween party for the little ones. It was so cute walking in and seeing the little ones, especially the babies in their costumes. Even the daycare ladies put on costumes!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you I wonder how it will last. It is a real mini pumpkin he had painted!

      Delete
  5. OMG, that picture of your son at McDonald's... he looks EXACTLY like MY son at four years old!!! Right down to the "widow's peak" in the center of his forehead! That is SO spooky!!

    Glad you both had fun! I never went trick or treating as a child, so Stuart had his first costume and experience at 10 months old! We stopped when he was around 13, I think. I still miss it! Enjoy it while you can, it goes by SO fast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will enjoy every moment of it. It is funny how some kids look the same.

      Delete
  6. Hallowe'en really is the best when there's small children involved. And as Lucretia says, it goes by REALLY FAST! I love his little centerpiece he made for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son is adorable! :) I love the centerpiece .... awwwwww! Squish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaw, your son is adorable and I love that centerpiece! My boyfriend took a peak at what I'm reading and when he saw the Spiderman costume, he said, your son must be awesome...^^ By the way, they say, that mismatched socks bring luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...