Monday, November 3, 2014

Product review: Stargazer liquid and dry foundation

I know most of you probably already tried/used/uses Stargazer foundation already but just in case there are some people out there who hesitated on purchasing it, I wanted to do a review. In my neck of the woods, this foundation is expensive and with being on a budget, I often hesitated to purchase it. I heard so many positive things about Stargazer that I got curious and took the plunge a couple of weeks ago. It is hard to find this foundation in my area. The local goth shops don't always carry it so I ended up finding it on E-bay at a reasonable price, with shipping! I must say, while I am a fan of Manic Panic's Goth white foundation, Stargazer did not disappoint me.

Due to this foundation being super white, I blend it with my regular foundation so I don't look like a mime! My everyday foundation I use is Maybelline's BB Cream. Although I purchase foundation for pale skin, I still find it still way too dark for my natural skin tone. It always seems like I am wearing a mask and it drives me nuts! This is where the white foundation comes in.  I actually blend it in with the BB cream. I am no makeup guru and with being a working mom on a busy morning schedule, I don't have too much time to spend with my morning preparations. I am not disappointed with the result. In fact, last week, I had some blemishes and they were well hidden!






The only thing I sometimes notice, I can get a chalky look, that is because it is not blended in very well. To avoid this,  I use a rubber wedge thingy  that is specifically used for foundation. It works really well. You can get a package of  30 for about $3.00 at Walmart (here in Canada, that is). I also use it for more than one application and they last a good while. You can see here if you want more info

I tried using the liquid foundation on it's own. For me personally, I am pretty darned pale and by using a very, very small coat, it blended nicely. I did hear that on some people, it made them look like the crow or a mime. I stick with mixing it with my regular foundation not to take any chances. I find I get the benefit from the BB cream and the foundation combined,but that's just me. If our bodies and skin tones were made the same, the world would be a boring place.

I also use the compact, in the middle of the day to touch up.

I am quite pleased with the end result.This is me at the end of a busy, long day but right after I used my compact. I like how everything seems to blend in nicely with my natural skin tone. I don't use a lot and i like the results very much.  No more mask! Perfect for every day office wear!

Sorry, lighting is bad. Smartphone camera!


4 comments:

  1. Sylvie, I just know if we lived close by we would hang out. You make me laugh with your "sponge thingy" and "so I don't look like a mime!" comments. I just adore your posts!

    I have pretty oily skin so I have avoided liquid foundations for years. I've been using Physicians Formula Mineral Wear in Translucent Light because I'm pretty pale myself. I need to try the Stargazer pressed powder because sometimes I want a whiter look.

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am glad I can make you laugh! I try hard to be humourous, I want people to have fun when they read my posts! Thanks for the compliment. The pressed powder works really well. I had a huge blemish on my face. I never break out but when I do, oh boy! It covered it up perfectly. I highly recommend you try. I also put a little bit of powder on my neck , to avoid that contrast. Its a pet peeve!

      Delete
  2. Nice review. Make up looks great, very natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EmptinessInfernalJuly 21, 2016 at 5:25 AM

    HI ! Thank you so much for having a review on the liquid anddd the powder!! I just bought both to use for my daily makeup routine (I love the mime/pierrot clown aesthetic) :) I wanted to purchase Kryolan clown white face paint but I've read its pretty greasy for everyday use.. still will eventually give it a try though :) also once you blend the liquid do you think it would work okay on the neck and shoulder/collarbones with the power ? thank you again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...