Saturday, November 29, 2014

November homework: our babies

This month's homework assignment is our babies! As most of you know already, I have two furbabies and one of the human variety.  I already posted about my two cute little felines Merry and Pippin. I also posted about my son when he turned four.  There are many many posts about my son or being a gothy mommy. If you want to read more, you can always check out my child rearing tag as well.

With that being said, this whole blog is really about a working goth mommy. I figured for this homework assignment, I will do something a little different and fun. I wanted to share with you some really silly, funny stories I tell my son. I never knew I was good at coming up with stories until I became a parent!I hope you will get a laugh at them.

My son has a favorite stuffed animal. In fact, this monkey was his favorite comfort plush since he was about two months old. He was very little at that time and did not want to part with his beloved Mr. Monkey, even if it meant that it was covered in vomit or food or other gross stuff. I told him that there was a magical place for children's favourite stuffed toys. It is called the monkey wash. Mommies and Daddies call this service to have an airplane come pick up the stuffed animal to bring it to the wash. After the stuffed animal gets washed, the airplane brings Mr. Monkey back home. He only has to wait for a little while then he will get a happy and clean Mr. Monkey, ready to be cuddled. Mr. Monkey isn't happy because he is all dirty.  It worked! Once, when he wasn't looking, we took Mr. Monkey out of the dryer, placed him by our front door and knocked. He was so excited to see the monkey waiting for him.
About 3 months old here.

At Christmas time, we tell him the birds, squirrels, and our cats, Merry and Pippin run to the North Pole and report to Santa about his behaviour. Last year, he questioned us about buying wrapping paper, after all, the elves are supposed to wrap the gifts, right? He is too smart for his own good but I thought up a good reason real fast.I told him that at night, we tie a sleigh to the cats, just like the reindeers and they run to the Northpole to deliver the wrapping paper. He is a little smarter this year, he got all worried about the cats running away or getting hit by a car. Again, I thought real quick and told him that the elves opened up a secret passageway of underground tunnels!

16 comments:

  1. I love the story about the cats and the underground tunnels, I will keep an eye out for that!

    Ha ha, Mr Monkey's adventures! My brother dropped his toy duck in the toilet when he was a kid, and mum had to clean it. After that, it was always called Toilet Duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your storys, expecially about the wash! I hated when my favourite toy got washed, so I should have had a story like that when i was a kid :'D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children are surprisingly logical sometimes but it looks like you are a fast thinker and have an exquisite imagination. :D Your kid is sure having a wonderful childhood with your stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you. I hope he looks back one day and laughs at these stories

      Delete
  4. Aw these stories made me chuckle! He's so cute with his mr monkey! Kids are smart though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stories. We have a house elf (based on Norwegian folklore) that works closly with Santa. Last year my 5-year old ot sceptical because the elf used the same wrapping paper as I did. I told him that the elf probably ran out, so he borrowed some of ours. Wonder if he will ask again this year. My two youngets can sometimes be found laying on the floor talking to the elf through a small hole in the wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something similar that they do in the US. It is called Elf on The Shelf. From what I understand, you buy this elf doll and every day, you move it in a different room. You tell the kids that the elf is watching them! I think it is cute that they talk to the elf through a small hole in the wall!

      Delete
  6. So cute! My daughter has "Puppy-Doggie" and she HATES when he needs to be washed... Maybe I'll take a page from your book!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are awesome stories! I would have totally fell for the wrapping paper story, especially since I believed that animals had magical powers and could talk and write when and if they wanted. hehehe ... I was convinced that our dog BoJo was tattling on me when I did something bad. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...