Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pippin the wonder cat!

Sophistiqué Noir's monthly theme is black and white. Naturally I had to introduce you to my black and white furbaby Pippin. I am sure some of you might have seen him photobombing some pictures I post (ie profile pic is one of them) here. He is ALWAYS in eyeshot.

Pippin has been my cat since forever. I got him when I first moved out on my own because my other cat Skye got lonely. She was used to other cats and was finding it hard being the only cat. I just moved out of my parent's house and I couldn't take the other cat with me because he was an outdoor cat. Getting a second cat made sense.

 I remember seeing Pippin in the pet shop window and I just had to bring him home because he was just too cute. I hesitated at first because that meant added vet bills and an extra mouth to feed. I wasn't making that much money back then and was having a hard time paying my own monthly bills. Funny enough, I didn't stop at owning two cats, I ended up adopting two more but that is a story for another day.  Back to Pippin. Everyday, I would pass by that pet shop on my way home from work just to admire him. The owner and I got to know each other quickly and told me that apparently he was the runt of the litter, which helped sway my decision to adopt him. I have a soft spot for the misfits! What finally made me cave in though was when Pippin went to jump from the upper perch to the lower perch in his cage and fell! It was because he made it look like he was meant to fall and that it was by no means an accident. I loved how he put his butt up in the air and walked away like a snob afterwards! He showed attitude and I love a pet with attitude!

 I lived in a pretty sketchy neighbourhood at that time so I used to leave the radio on all the time. It was scary living alone! The moment I brought Pippin home from the pet shop, the song "Best Friend" by Queen began to play.  It was a sign it was meant to be because that cat really is my best friend.  He warned me when someone tried to break in and woke me up when I fell asleep with meat cooking on the stove! My ex boyfriend once brought a guy friend over and Pippin started hissing at him while he was standing in my front hall. I wouldn't let him in and it was a good thing I didn't. A few days later, after telling a mutual friend about my cat's strange behaviour, my friend confirmed our suspicions: the guy had a reputation for stealing things from friends houses!

 He keeps me busy too. He fell off the third floor balcony so many times, I thought I threw him in a dumpster once when he was a kitten and after dumpster diving for over an hour, I gave up.  I remember going back to my apartment in tears and sobbing on the phone telling my mom that I lost by beloved cat. Just as I went in my bedroom, I heard a meow. The little bugger snuck in an empty shoe box  and was asleep in the back of my closet the whole time! He bleached his tail (don't ask). He sleeps next to me every night. This cat has been with me through thick and thin. I am very lucky to have him. I named him Pippin because I am obviously a Lord Of The Rings fan and that cat's behavior is very similar to the hobbit's in the movie/books.




So there you have it!

I just had to adopt him, look at how cute he was!

Ignore the finger LOL

Merry and Pippin!

Recent one





14 comments:

  1. Aw so cute!!! My dad's cat is named Pippin, he's a black and white tuxedo, and he's super obese lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little man! And such a good judge of character - it's so cool that he knew your ex's friend was bad news. I know what you mean about him being your best friend. I call my favorite kitty (Perseus) my BFF. They are such perfect companions! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks. I love that he is a good judge in character too. I picked a good one!

      Delete
  3. Hahha, your cats are actually called Merry and Pippin? Awesome!! :D
    I'm also drawn to misfits and Pippin seems like a total a dork which basically equals adorable. ^^ But he's handsome, oh, look at those green eyes...;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your purrrfect pair... they are just adorable!! Of course, I'm a total sucker for cats, anyway, since I've got nine of my own. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! 9 cats! Here I thought I had a lot of them! At one point, we had 5 cats LOL. Enjoy your furbabies.

      Delete
  5. Hilarious!!! I was cracking up the entire post. He seems like a very special kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely cat (both in story and pictures)! I admit I didn't notice your finger on the second photo until I read the title ^^ I am too easily distracted by cats...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, he is so adorable! The runt thing would sway me too and I like his attitude! He sounds really smart, all those things he warned you about! I have heard cats are meant to be sensitive to ghosts, etc but great that he is a good judge of character too!

    He does sound like Pippin (although not a fool of a Took). I always liked Pippin for his cheekiness and adventuresomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's gorgeous - life definitely not complete without a cat 🐱

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...