Monday, October 6, 2014

More corp goth problems

I posted a while back silly office problems corp goths like me tend to have. You can find the post here

I have a more recent "snag" to add to this list:

We all know when a story is a good one when we hear the following sentence: "I ordered a pair of platform boots off of E-bay and they were really cheap."

Yes darklings, I was daft enough to do this and I should of known better about the quality but I fell in love with them. It was a "yes, I know this deal is too good to be true but they are so cute and I want them" reasoning that went with it. I don't know about you but that reasoning seemed perfectly logical and acceptable.... at that time!

We can all assume what will happen next. Despite that, here goes:

 As I was walking down to show a client where the washrooms are located in my building, the platform started to come off my boot and......down I went! Embarrassing as all hell. I almost fell flat on my face. In front of a perfect stranger.  Good thing I keep a pair of flats at my desk. Note to self: bring back those shoes to the office, I am sure I will need them!

So does this teach me a lesson? Would I still buy those boots off of e-bay or invest my money in a better quality pair that won't potentially break my neck after 3 or 4 wears? Yes, yes it would!


these are the famous babies. So cute yet so deadly
oops!
My emergency back up shoes! Yaay!

P.S. We all know that I am probably going to do this again...be prepared Darklings for another post about these incidents where I would promise not to do it again but we all know I will!


20 comments:

  1. I don't usually buy shoes online unless I'm familiar with the brand and know they're new. I've heard lots of used eBay horror stories. I bought a cute pair of platform boots from a thrift store in a small town for five bucks a few months ago. They were overstock from a shoe store (originally $50). They cracked and fell apart after three wears!!! What a joke. I'm glad I didn't pay full price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These weren't use though. Brand new, just cheaply made. I really didn't pay a lot for them and am surprised they lasted for as long as they did. Im glad you didn't pay full price for your boots either.

      Delete
  2. I had a pair of heels back in the 90s that the whole heel came off while I was at work. I had to run to the mall on my lunch hour. I walked through the mall with a broken heel back to the store I bought them from only the day before. They refused to refund my money so I had to buy another pair of shoes that day. (From another store) that was a bad day. :( I keep a pair of flats in the car now. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a good thing I had those shoes in my desk LOL That really bites that the store wouldn't refund your money though.

      Delete
  3. of course someone always has to be there to witness. always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man that sucks! Those are too cute to have such an early demise.... I'm glad you're okay though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the whole situation makes me laugh

      Delete
  5. Aaaw, that sucks, those boots look awesome. :/ Maybe a shoemaker could fix them and reinforce the platforms?
    I've bought shoes online, some ankle booties and two pairs of platform wedges and I'm quite satisfied with their quality, it's just the sizing, that's rather tricky...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good suggestion. I may just try taking them to a shoemaker. Depending on the cost, I may get them repaired

      Delete
  6. That just TOTALLY sucks... :-(

    I've been extremely fortunate in buying three pairs of used vintage shoes online, and having them ALL be in excellent condition and quality. One I got on GothAuctions.com, and the other two were private sales. But "third time is the charm", so they say, and I won't do it again. I have bought a couple of new pairs online that I was not happy with due to low comfort levels, so no more buying shoes unless I can actually try them on first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, I found it hilarious. Not when it happened but afterwards :P

      Delete
  7. First, I suggest duct tape! It won't work... I'm kinda kidding but I have mended a shoe quickly with decorative duct tape :D

    Second, at the end of every semester, I usually have to take home a good half dozen pairs of shoes that end up living under my desk at work.

    Third, I fall even without shoes breaking :-/ I blame it on my inner ear disease and equilibrium but really I think it's just me :p

    Those shoes are so darn cute. It really is a shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! a fellow klutz. Trust me, I didnt need the heel to break to fall, I could of done it well enough on my own LOL

      Delete
  8. I have bought a pair of boots today in promotion, but already knew the store and the brand, so I'm pretty sure I won't have any problems with it in the next 4~5 years. I hope you can fix it, and glad that you're still alive (you know, high heels are really good at killing people).

    ReplyDelete
  9. How embarrassing for you! The fall from platform shoes is long and hard, ouch!! Is it possible to mend them or are you afraid of another accident? Pity the shoes looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am going to see if a cobbler can fix them. If it costs more than what I paid for them, I may or may not.

      Delete
  10. If it makes you feel any better I fall on my face in flats or bare feet. I am insanely clumsy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...