Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A big thank you

Wow, I reached over 10,000 page views! I am quite impressed! I am very proud of this accomplishment and I really wanted to take a moment out and say thanks! Thank you for reading, for commenting, and for "liking" my Facebook page. For the very few readers who are just lurkers, I may not notice you all the time but I know you are there reading my posts, for that, I thank you! Every comment, every personal message, really does make me smile and melt my black little heart and I want to tell you why:
A cake to celebrate 10,000 hits!
This is a little personal but I want it to be said. I want you to know why I am so grateful. I started blogging last summer because I was going through some personal issues and instead of being all whiny about it, I wanted to do something constructive about it. This blog has been a positive outlet for me during those times.

Last winter to late spring, I was diagnosed several times with strep throat and it stressed me to be missing so much work. Luckly, my employer and immediate supervisor were really understanding and sympathetic. I think I was put on antibiotics at least six times and it kept coming back. At one point, the Doctor even tested me for mono but the results were negative. Obviously, being sick so often started to get to me because I couldn't play with my son, be a wife, take a normal family vacation, attend work for a full month straight without being sick for almost a full week and do the things I need to do. I am usually full of life and being physically incapable of doing all the stuff I want to do because I got sick so often made me feel discouraged and sad.  I also started having frequent migraines and back problems. It was all a vicious circle.

I started blogging because writing has always been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. Blogging helped me through the stress and worry over my health. Fast forward to today, I am more positive and happier. I can now concentrate on my family then blog or I write a few lines in the novel I am currently working on. I am starting to get less frequent migraines and am a little healthier. The back problems are still there but they come and go. In other words, my physical and mental health are starting to improve! I have not been sick since early summer, let's hope I can make it through the winter!

Every time you comment, you read my post, it makes me happy. It is nice to know that there are people out there who like what I love to do! It encourages me to post more! Doing something that I am passionate about, such as writing and being part of the goth subculture brings a little extra spring in my step. Knowing that people out there like what I do, is just icing on the cake!

What kind of future does this little blog hold? I plan on posting some DIY stuff, some thrift shopping spree hauls, new outfit hauls, mom stuff, participating in blogging events (ie. Bat Fit, monthly status reports, etc.) and obviously, work stuff. So this blog is giving me energy to go out there and do stuff. It is a push out the door instead of  worrying over getting sick again! It also helps me be a better mother and a happier wife! My life all around has improved, thanks to this blog, thanks to you reading it.

As a fun side note. another fun part I enjoy about blogging is when I see all the other countries where my readers are from! I remember the first time I saw someone from outside North America that read my blog, I was quite impressed! Now, my blog has been read by people from over 11 countries! WOW! That is pretty darned cool! I am from Canada and I am waving "Hello" to people all over the world from my Montreal living room! That's pretty awesome!

So again, thank you for your support and here's to another 10,000 page views full of laughs, outfit posts, and silly bantering!

20 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching 10,000 views! I can sympathize with poor health, I have a weak immune system and stress just makes it worse, my blog definitely helps to reduce that stress. I look forward to seeing your DIY posts and I hope your health continues to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 10,000 views! I always enjoy your posts. And I look forward to your DIY posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! I love seeing stuff other people bought LOL

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the 10,000 views! It's really nice you take a time to reflect on your life and what you want to blog about. :D That is something every blogger should probably do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is nice to have a general plan. I don't always want to post about the same thing over and over again. I like diversity so it works out.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the page views! You earned it :) I'm glad blogging has helped you through such a difficult timw and thanks for sharing that, I love knowing the reasons behind the blogs and people's passions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, congrats, you totally deserve all those page views! ;)
    You're such a charming, lovable person, I really enjoy reading your posts and I'm glad if by commenting, I can 'give' you something in return. Blogging helped me get through some struggles as well, writing and all those lovely people who visit or comment my blog keep me inspired. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! That is very sweet.I am glad to hear that blogging helped you out as well :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on all the page views! I've enjoyed reading your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad blogging has helped you! Health problems suck and I hope yours go away and never come back! I am glad your blog is encouraging you to do things! Sometimes blogging encourages me to put together nice outfits and the like. I definitely find the kind comments of my readers help give me self confidence to continue to try and be who I want to be and to continue with my writing, both blog and fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 10,000 views is awesome! I'm so glad blogging is such a positive in your life, and long may it continue.

    Jane (waving from her rather soggy little corner of England at you)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! It must feel realy great to know that so many strangers enjoy your blog. I still get happy whenever someone outside my family comments :p I enjoy reading about how you balance work, life and goth, since I'm in much the same position, and hope you do continue to post. Greetings from Norway.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...