Tuesday, October 14, 2014

30 day challenge: Wall sits

Amendment: it is for 20 seconds and not 2 minutes as I found out today when we started the challenge. My apologies Darklings. It really wasn't clear in the e-mail... believe me, 20 seconds was hard enough!

Considering I have signed up for the professor's 2014 Bat Fit challenge, it was also a great opportunity to sign up for the challenge my work has given us employees. This is a daily challenge that lasts for thirty days. The goal is to be able to hold a wall sit position for two minutes. I am not the most in-shape person in the world and I am not sure I can last a whole two minutes but I signed up anyways. My lower body can really use the work out.

What is a wall sit challenge you might ask? It's simple: they are like doing squats except you are leaning against a wall and holding that position.

Source: http://crosstrainingtips.com/fitness-test/

According to crosstrainingtips.com, they explain how to do a wall sit as following: "To do a Wall-sit, first stand in front of a wall (about 2 feet in front of it) and lean against it. Then slide down until your knees are at about 90-degree angles and hold."

Yes, my goal is to hold for two minutes!

So while I will be doing these daily at my office with a bunch of super fit, athletic co-workers no less, I challenge you Darklings!


12 comments:

  1. Oh boy, good luck. I was just telling my fella this morning that I need to stretch more. Maybe I can work on stretching AND the wall sit. Hmmm. I need to make more explicit Bat Fit goals for myself... actually, I did but I guess I need to stick to them.

    Plus, I really hope you take pictures hee :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amendment: it is for 20 seconds and not 2 minutes as I found out today when we started the challenge. My apologies Darklings. It really wasn't clear in the e-mail... believe me, 20 seconds was hard enough!

      Delete
    2. Okay so I got to 15 seconds and slide right down to the floor! Dag! I tried it a second time and made it to 25 seconds. But I can't get myself to slide back up the wall... Are we supposed to? I'm sure your co-worker/ athletes don't flop to the floor like I do :-/

      Delete
    3. No they dont but I slide down LOL Dont over do it.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, it hurts to just think about it. Much much luck to you. So it's 30 days starting now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30 days starting today (oct 14) and thank you!

      Delete
    2. Amendment: it is for 20 seconds and not 2 minutes as I found out today when we started the challenge. My apologies Darklings. It really wasn't clear in the e-mail... believe me, 20 seconds was hard enough!

      Delete
  3. Ah, gosh...wall sits are great, but...they're so goddamn' hard...! ^^ But I'll try it anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amendment: it is for 20 seconds and not 2 minutes as I found out today when we started the challenge. My apologies Darklings. It really wasn't clear in the e-mail... believe me, 20 seconds was hard enough!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, this sounds something cool to try. I have always had strong legs, but lately I've noticed they could need some training, haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...