Monday, September 15, 2014

Toning it down but in a good way




I had some executives come to my office last week and since I work the front desk, I wanted to make a good impression. I don't think it was completely necessary since my boss and all the executives came in jeans and t-shirts but it was fun nonetheless.


http://www.sinistersoles.com/GOTHIKA-09-Skull-Buckle-Platform-Shoes-p/s-demonia-gothika-09-shoes.htm


I wore the same skirt in the this post here (the first picture) and I always liked the versatility to it. I got it at the local goth shop and it was made there as well. I try to buy from local designers as much as possible. The top is a very old top that I don't remember where I got it. I tucked it in my skirt, it gave it a cute retro feel to it.

My husband is my photographer for this blog and got creative by getting me to pose differently. He is by no means a professional photographer but he is getting really good with the camera! Now we just got to learn how to focus more on key pieces of the wardrobe!

It was nice that I combined articles of clothing that I love, still have the look I want (just more sophisticated looking now then when I was younger) and I felt pretty self confident. It has been a while I felt comfortable in my body. It has changed so much since having a baby! It is nice to find clothing that suits my body type, that is suitable for the workplace without compromising my personal style.

4 comments:

  1. I love this on you! It's got a Bettie Page vibe to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I lam quite fond of Bettie Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking really stylish and corpgoth! I love those shoes. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...