I wholeheartedly agree with her sentiment and I decided to be a copy cat and list my 30 cool things:
1) I can speak and write in two languages fluently (English and French)
2) I dyed my hair many different colors in my teens. At one point I had pink hair, blue hair, red, blonde, black etc.
3) I married my best friend
4) I have a gorgeous, happy and healthy 3 year old (very soon to be 4 year old!)
5) My son and I both could of died during child birth but we obviously survived!
6) I am not afraid to speak my mind
7) Played bass guitar
8) Played piano
9) Grew my hair really long and cut it really short so I can donate it to locks of love
10) I am very involved in sustainability and protecting mother earth, which leads to...
11) I planted a tree when I was in Elementary school and the tree is still there! I even made it in the local newspaper!
12)My picture was also in the newspaper a second time when they opened a park up at my old elementary school
13) I was in the newspaper a third time in high school. This time, I made front page! I was chosen to paint abstract objects with a local artist. My artwork was then used to decorate the school cafeteria. How cool was that?
14) My poetry got published in a teen journal and book at the age of 16
15) I spoke out against bullying and harassment by joining a youth group who helped me spread awareness on the subject
16) I spoke publicly to my entire high school class graduating year. I was nominated valedictorian and I turned it down because I was bullied. I told everyone during a public assembly at school (we were being voted on our speeches, no less) that I had nothing positive to say about classmates and while I was honored to be nominated by my teachers, this was something I did not want to do. I pretty much told the entire graduating class to eff off and in the end, a lot of people apologized to me.
17) I was diagnosed with depression at 16. Despite the hurdles, I can maintain a happy healthy life, without meds and have been doing so for a little over 16 years now!
18) I talked someone out of suicide
19) I attended a political rally
20) Gave money to friends in need
21) Cooked a delicious Christmas supper (turkey and all the trimmings) for my husband and son
22) I can remain calm and collected when faced with a state of emergency
23)Been to England
25) Been to New York City
26) Pierced my own nose and ears as a teenager (not recommended)
27) Cried over fictional characters
28) Used to take ballet lessons
29) Never got a speeding ticket
30) I head bang to Bohemian Rhapsody in the car just like in Wayne's World!