Monday, August 11, 2014

Bat Fit 2014 update

I didn't really get to work out as much as I wanted to. I had some minor set backs (dental surgery, the flu, etc)  Today, was the first time in a long time that I felt good, health wise. Despite it being extremely hot out today, I still went for a nice long walk on my lunch hour. I was feeling pretty stressed and anxious and walking helps me with that! I wore my shades and took out my trusty parasol and off I went towards my favourite walking route!

I pretty much spent my whole hour walking in the blazing heat. I had enough time when I came back to grab some water. Good thing I ate my lunch beforehand! It was a nice walk, just what I needed. I normally do this route a minimum twice a week, if the weather permits.

Very gorgeous abandoned old, Victorian house. If I win the lottery, I would buy it from the city and fix it up.






My walking shoes. Pink leopard print Vans, aren't they cute?


The little man made lake. There are normally fish and even saw a turtle once but it was too hot. I think all the fishies were hiding at the bottom.
A nice gravel path towards the lake




6 comments:

  1. That house is adorable and what a pretty place to walk! Sorry you haven't been well. No fun being sick in the summer for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such great scenery. Good work on staying active. It's so hard to be motivated especially in this heat. Ugh. It's been brutal over here in the Midwest.
    There's something I really love about running water that makes me feel so calm and at peace. That little waterfall would be so nice during a midday walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I have anxiety issues and it really helps calm me down. It is so peaceful to walk there. Sometimes on the weekends, I go there with my family. last summer, there were tons of geese! Hearing the geese and the sounds of running water was very relaxing. It even calmed my very active 3 year old! Summer has been ok over here. it rained a lot and was quite cool. August is a very hot month for us over here

      Delete
  3. You have lovely surroundings to walk around in. Oh I hope that you some day will win on that lottery to be able to buy that lovely house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you. You would never guess that I have those surroundings to walk in either, I work in an industrial sector but if you walk up the road, there is a housing development with that gorgeous park!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...