Tuesday, July 15, 2014

This is Corp Goth Mid-month status report

The Lovely Trystan at This Is Corp Goth has presented us with the whole "The Summer In The Office " theme  and how we survive. Usually, in my office, we either freeze or bake but luckily for me, the temperature in my area of the office this year is perfect. I can work in a t-shirt and be comfortable.

 I do wear lots of long skirts and yes, I complain when it gets stuck in my chair's rollers but who cares! Perfect when I don't want to wear pants or shorts because I haven't shaved my legs! My secret is out!

How I survive the hot days? I got a car last summer and having AC was a prerequisite. On extreme high heat days with crazy high humidity, I would turn up the AC and use my remote starter to cool it down! This was also handy in the winter when it was cold outside and I would have a nice warm car!  I remember the days where I took public transit, especially when I lived downtown. I used to call the Subway "The Inferno" during the summer months. I was also always the lucky one to sit next to someone who has not discovered deodarant too. Go me! Having a car is handy. We never thought we would get a second car but it sure is convenient when you have a child in daycare while you work! . I get home at a reasonable hour which means more time with my little guy!

At my office, I usually keep a hoodie just in case it becomes too cold. I also have a space heater at my desk but I use that more in the winter months when the front door is constantly being opened and closed.There are perks when you are front reception!


My baby! Look Batties!

Something I wear frequently to the office. 

10 comments:

  1. What a nice little car! Oh I also want bat stickers for my car. I have a pumkin coloured peugot. You look lovely in your outfit. A big plus is that your tattoo is showing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I ordered the bat stickers off of E-bay. They were not expensive at all. In fact, I am thinking of ordering another set! http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271296449247?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

      Delete
  2. I have the complete opposite experience on the VRE commuter train. Sometimes I have to rub my nose because it is freezing! And, I will add that wearing long skirts means one's thighs don't stick to the vinyl on a hot day.

    We have very similar cars :D

    Love your raven tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to live in the west island of Montreal. I used to take the commuter train, this was well over 10 years ago and I remember freezing in there too!

      Delete
  3. What cute stickers on your car! I have to say, while that's a nice outfit, I really love the doors (I'm kind of nuts about old architecture; living in California, so many houses are new & boring, & it's a treat to see older ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love my area and my apartment for that reason. Such old houses and architecture. I hate modern homes, too sterile for me! I live in Montreal, Canada, there are many areas in the city that have beautiful, Victorian houses.

      Delete
  4. I love long skirts for work, too, and don't care of they get stuck in the chair wheels - totally worth it for the comfortable elegance! Congrats on the new car!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you raven tattoo :)

    We recently inherited a Subaru from my dad, which cracks everyone around us up as we are not your typical Subaru people. Have to say it's a lovely, smart and fast car, Him Underfoot is a tad smitten with it. My dad loved his car, and I think he'll be happy sat on his stool in Asgard's bar knowing that we'll keep it until the wheels drop off for him.

    Re: the long skirt front - I love them, but had an unfortunate incident as a student visiting the European Parliament in Strasbourg which is all escalators. My skirt got stuck in one in the fabulous atrium and much unseemly wrestling ensued, leaving a huge whole - my next stop that day was NATO, and I had no time to change. Felt like a herbert all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, that does sound like an unfortunate incident! I have family members who drive a Subaru and they are apparently very reliable cars! For me, I bought my car second hand last year. it has ok mileage, came with an auto starter and moon roof (I wont drive during the day with the sun roof down hence the name). It's also great on gas.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...