Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The dog days of summer

So a fellow blogger by the name of Curious Professor Z has challenged us with a homework assignment. Like a good little "student", I am handing mine in! The topic is the Dog Days of Summer.

This year, we have not had much of a summer here in Montreal. We had several very hot, high humid days but I feel like it was unseasonably cool and it rained a lot.

 My little one has been enjoying the kiddy pool in the backyard when it was hot enough to do so. My neighborhood does have a pool, which we can have access to and it is right up the street but there is an age limit when it comes to small children. I think it is children under the age of 5 are not allowed. On the other hand, the park up the street has water sprinklers for the wee ones and my son loves going there. We go there quite often in the summer time because it cools him down, he plays, gets soaked and sleeps like a log! Woohoo!

 

That being said, just when it was bloody hot out, we all went to the "water splash" as he calls it. I didn't take him long but he learned to aim that cannon just the right way and I got soaked! It was all good fun. I do have a parasol to keep shaded but parasols are not practical for going to the playground/water splash with a three year old. I got this cute hat at.....drum roll... Walmart of all places! I paid a whopping 9.00$ for it! I feel very elegant (despite the shorts and Star Wars t-shirt) while wearing it!
Aiming the cannon at me... little bugger!
Revenge!

I am getting soaked. This is war!










 I am leaving you with an outfit post too. This is a new shirt I purchased at H&M on sale! It is a medium, which feels rather large but it kept me quite cool when I wore it two weeks ago. The temperatures soared to 29 degrees Celsius  (which felt like 34 with the humidity). For those of you who work under Fahrenheit, that is 84 Fahrenheit but it was really 93 with the humidity. We had much worse a couple of weeks ago and I always hate the high humidity! The skirt is nice and flowing. I ordered it from goodgoth.

Looking back at these pictures, I can't help but stare in amazement that both my son and I are still pretty darned pale. I like to thank SPF 60 sunscreen and the huge tree that shades pretty much my entire back yard! 

The shoes have seen better days, although you cannot see from the picture.. I think getting soaked in the water splash help polish them up!  I think they are Demonia but I am not sure. I think they were written on the in-soles but I wore those out and replaced them!  I think they are super cute and comfy. Perfect for this weather because my feet swell (a lovely gift I inherited since I became pregnant with my son) and heels make it hard for me in this weather.

It was a long day, I am not smiling! I am not always a stick in the mud!
Shoooes!

10 comments:

  1. Those shoes are adorable and so are the pictures of you and your kid playing! :) That neighborhood pool sounds interesting, we do not have those in Finland. Is it like an enclosed space and the residents have a key to get there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have a key to be let in though but it is an enclosed space. The city officials and lifeguards open the pool up and we just walk in! They sometimes check for your resident's card you get at City Hall to prove you live in that neighborhood.

      Delete
  2. The "water splash" seems like a fun place in the park. My kids would have loved it as well. We have a smaller pool to cool down in our garden, but we prefer the beach. Your outfit is gorgeous, the lace shoulders will keep you cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. There are two beaches nearby but they are always over crowded :( We plan on going camping next summer so there are plenty of beaches there too

      Delete
  3. I love those shoes. They look very comfortable and cute. We have a "water splash" too. I've managed to get out there a couple times. Wrangling all the kids and a newborn is no easy feat. lol I love the pics. Your son is too cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I hope you can enjoy your "water splash" this year too :)

      Delete
  4. OH MY GAWDS! Those water canons are awesome! :) GO MOM! You look beautiful even though you had a long day. :)

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cannon, not canon. A canon is something totally different. I think I need a break from academia, don't you?

      Delete
    2. Don't you think! sigh ... I'm going to stop while I can.

      Delete
    3. LOL! A break could be good, I guess. Thanks for the compliment and chuckle

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...