Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Bucket List

I am not afraid to die. To me, death is just another adventure.  That is what I believe in, anyway. There are some things I would like to do before I do pass on so I have created my own bucket list! I know I can be considered to be pretty young, I am healthy enough, I shouldn't have to think about such things but I do. You never know, I could get hit by a bus! This way, hopefully, I could accomplish these things before I kick the bucket so I won't have any unfinished business. I really don't want to come back to haunt you all!

Source:Beetlejuice, google images

#1) Go to Whitby Goth Weekend. I went to England when I was twelve years old but we never went to Whitby. From what I seen in pictures and heard, it is a very beautiful place to visit. Extra points because there is a whole weekend devoted to the goth scene!
 
#2) Go to Bats Day at Disney Land in California! I read somewhere that while it is an unofficial day, gothlings from all over go to celebrate. How cool is that? The park apparently even caters to the goth community and profits by it by selling various darkly inclined merchandise (I am assuming Nightmare Before Christmas and Maleficient) If you want to read more, click here

#3) Get a novel or short story published by an actual publisher

#4) Buy my own house. If I do have any unfinished business or grow particularly attached to my own home, what better place to haunt, right? Seriously, I have been living in apartments since I left home. I have been doing this for 10 years. I want my own place. I am tired of giving my money to someone else. I am also notorious for getting crazy neighbors. If I had my own home, I could just go in my house or tell them to get off my lawn! 


#5) Watch my boy grow up

Source:Beetlejuice, http://favim.com/image/74067/

I know there are only five things here but in all honesty, I think I have lived a pretty fulfilling life already. I made tons of stupid mistakes, probably will make tons more but you know what? I don't regret any moment of it! Despite all the stupidities, madness, pitfalls, I have a husband, a human child and 2 feline fur babies whom I cherish very much. I am pretty content with the life I have created for myself thus far.

While I am pretty sure some of you seen this before, I will leave you with this because it is cute and funny! It just makes me want to go to Whitby that much more!

 
These are the credits I got off of the Youtube page:

Published on Nov 27, 2012
Whitby Gothic Weekend - Parody of GANGNAM STYLE
Original Concept, Psy-a-like, Editing: Graeme.
Editing, hangovers: Tim Sinister - www.theblogginggoth.tumblr.com
Sound Engineering: Wolfgang Wellington Winchester.
Cameras: Tim Sinister, Pyromancer - www.revival.stormshadow.com


14 comments:

  1. What a nice bucket list! I have lived in an apartment for 4 years of my 40 year life and did not like it. So many freaks out there to be neighbours with. If you have a house you at least have a larger distance to the neighbours. I hope you will be able to have your own place soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I totally understand about the apartment. My neighbors are ...ahem...special. They are mentally disabled and are convinced we are spying on them via electronic devices and we are sending beams, like radio waves down there to mess with their cell phone reception! How dissappointing! We wanted to be the weird ones in the building! Enjoy your home, you are very lucky! Owning a home on the Island of Montreal where I reside is VERY expensive. We don't really want to move off island because of the traffic but we shall see when we are ready.

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to go to Bats Day -- friends have gone & reported back that it's loads of fun, & the pictures each year look great. It's not that far away for me either, but something always comes up around the date that prevents me from going. But yes, someday!

    I love having a bucket list -- it's great to set big goals for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL, I LOVE that video, totally hilarious! :-) I shall have to think about making my own personal bucket list. And going to Whitby Goth Weekend will definitely be on it!

    I've also lived in apartments all my life, except for the 10-year stint with my ex. Given how much fun that was NOT, I think I prefer apartments! At least you can pack up and just leave it behind if you want/need to, without worrying about the mortgage being a millstone around your neck until you can unload it. But that's just me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very good point there, it is nice to just call the landlord/landlady to fix something when it breaks down too. You should make your bucket list and blog it, I dare you :)

      Delete
  4. Nice bucket list, I'm positive you'll achieve every single one of your goals :) my bucket list is full of ridiculous stuff like 'win one of the massive teddies from the fair' haha. Speaking of, I should really get around to blogging my 22 things to do before I'm 22 :)

    I can sympathise with the neighbour problems, last year at uni I was living with the flatmates from hell. One of them decided to rearrange her furniture in the middle of the night!

    Oh and that video made me absolutely cry with laughter :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about your horrible flatmates! I am looking forward to reading your blog! Glad to hear you liked the video :)

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of Bats Day. Sounds like a lot of fun! I love this list. I think I'll steal a couple of these. I've settled into a life of mediocrity and it would be nice to have some fun goals to work towards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently Bats Day is also very kid friendly too, just an FYI :-) I understand how you feel, I too settled for a life of mediocrity, I guess that's what happens when you have kids! I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, though. I am slowly started to save for my home, then it will be Whitby, then Bats Day. I plan on taking my family to these things. I want my son to experience the subculture. Not because I hope he will want to be goth but I think this could be a great eye opener experience for him. I guess I was pretty sheltered for most of my life that I want to give him as much life experience as possible. Plus my husband is great, he will stay in while I hit the goth nights at Whitby :)

      Delete
  6. I want to go to Bats Day too because they make bat cookies (among other things)!

    I completely understand the wanting-your-own-house. I have a townhouse and while the inside is just right, the neighborhood children peep in my windows (I know they don't mean any harm... I have cool stuff!) and my neighbors don't do a thing about it. I need a bit of land... or a fortress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live on a busy street and have people peep into my windows too! I keep the curtains closed :) I wouldnt mind living somewhere without neighbors for miles but then, I would probably get crappy internet connection!

      Delete
  7. A very nice list. I've been to Whitby several times, and plan to go again this year, and can realy recomend it! Everyone is so nice and it is quite child friendly too. I'll be leaving the kids at home this time, but plan to bring them at some point in the future.

    Owning your own home takes a lot of work and money, but I think it's worth it. Being able to do what you want with it, and having the neighbours at an OK distance gives a lot of peace of mind.

    For all you apartment dwellers out there:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjBNdK4uck4

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL that song cracks me up! You are very lucky to be able to go to Whitby!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...