Tuesday, June 17, 2014

This is Corpgoth mid month Status report. My work area

I have been a long time lurker on the lovely Trystan's blog "This Is Corp Goth" Since starting this blog for myself, she was one of the first people I followed! Trystan has started a mid month theme where you post pictures of your cubiscle/office/work area. I jumped on the bandwagon!



I am a receptionist so I am not allowed too have many personal effects on my desk. While this does annoy me to a certain extent, I realize that my employer is very nice to allow me to wear what I want (within reason) AND I can listen to my music. I also think they are nice to allow me to have some personal things on my desk at all. I think this is more than a fair trade. I do have 2 pictures of my son, my Hello Kitty mug, my tea pot on my desk.

On Halloween, one of my coworkers gave me some pumpkin candles that are very small. I do put those on my desk because they are subtle. I don't think I can decorate for Holidays either, I never really bothered asking. The way I see it, the front entrance is gorgeous, well maintained, and is very professional looking. I think by having decorations would only be a distraction from that and we want our clients to focus on our brands, not Holiday décor.  The last pic is my key chain. I am really bad at losing keys so if anyone finds them, they will automatically know that they belong to me!














6 comments:

  1. That keychain is so cute! It's tough when the workplace has limitations - my new job give me such a tiny cubicle that I can only have a few pictures. But I think it's really important to have photos of our family & friends where we work, just to keep us motivated & happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Whenever I have a bad day, I look over to see my little one's face and remember why I am here, its worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, as a receptionist you are like the entrance; you give the first impression of the corporation to the person who steps in. That is very important but yet you have your personality shown in selected personal things! Your kid is very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes e little touches are the best e things that mean the most to you, like your pics of that adorable little guy! Your keychain is the best!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...