Last year, I was eating very well, I was brisk walking for at least 45 minutes per day and life was great. By last fall, I started running by using the couch to 5k app on my phone. The more you use the app, the more intense it gets and the closer you are to running 5k. I started off OK but by halfway through, after every work out, I would come close to passing out. I drank more water but it didn't help. I was sick several times and started having really bad headaches. I didn't know this at the time but I was actually having migraines. I thought running was giving me sinus problems! My doctor told me to stop running as it was a trigger for migraines. This disappointed me.
I was also under a lot of personal stress at that time which resulted in more migraines and a lot of time at home sick. In fact, this winter alone, I had Bronchitis, Strep throat 5 times and a regular sore throat virus twice. Obviously, I completely stopped all exercise.
It has been almost a month I have not been sick! It is time that I get back on track. This couldn't come up at a better time! In fact, the corset I ordered online came in today and it was too small. It did not make feel very good about my body.
Since I had my son three years ago, I have been struggling to lose weight in my thighs (I tell people I have pork chops) a little in my stomach and my butt. The hardest place for any woman to lose weight. I am tired of looking at my thunder thighs!
I eat pretty healthy. A small breakfast, a salad (with some protein) for lunch and a sensible supper. I do occasionally eat fast food. Some people live to eat. I was never one of them. I just need more exercise!
My goals for Bat Fit 2014:
- I am not setting any dates but I will eventually lose the thunder thighs and bubble butt! I plan on walking more, no running. I plan on posting plenty of pictures for these. This will motivate me to show off my home town to you all!
- I plan on dancing to some industrial music several nights a week.
- I am going to look into a Yoga DVD. One for kids so I can do yoga with my son! He took yoga at his daycare and he loved it! This will encourage me to do it because he likes doing activities with his mom.
- I am going to start off slow because I am REALLY, REALLY out of shape. 5 push ups, 5 lunges, 5 sit ups and 5 squats a night. When I am able to do these without any problems, I am going to add another 5 and so forth!
- My work has a gym. I am going to start using it again like I did before I got sick. I wont go on my lunch (too many people and I like to take my time when re-applying makeup. I'm vain, I know!) but I will try to go early in the morning at least twice a week. I am going to take advantage of the elliptical!
So there you have it.