Monday, June 30, 2014

Bat Fit 2014. I am on board! Time to say goodbye to my old pal, thunder thighs!

The lovely curious Professor Z (if you don't already, you should really check out her blog:http://thecuriousprofessorz.blogspot.com) has re-launched her Bat Fit Challenge and I signed up! I will keep up with my general posts about being a working gothy mom but I will occasionally be posting about doing/eating healthy things because I do not like my body at the moment.

Last year, I was eating very well, I was brisk walking for at least 45 minutes per day and life was great. By last fall, I started running by using the couch to 5k app on my phone. The more you use the app, the more intense it gets and the closer you are to running 5k. I started off OK but by halfway through, after every work out, I would come close to passing out. I drank more water but it didn't help. I was sick several times and started having really bad headaches. I didn't know this at the time but I was actually having migraines. I thought running was giving me sinus problems! My doctor told me to stop running as it was a trigger for migraines. This disappointed me.

I was also under a lot of personal stress at that time which resulted in more migraines and a lot of time at home sick. In fact, this winter alone, I had Bronchitis, Strep throat 5 times and a regular sore throat virus twice. Obviously, I completely stopped all exercise.

It has been almost a month I have not been sick! It is time that I get back on track. This couldn't come up at a better time! In fact, the corset I ordered online came in today and it was too small. It did not make feel very good about my body.

Since I had my son three years ago, I have been struggling to lose weight in my thighs (I tell people I have pork chops) a little in my stomach and my butt. The hardest place for any woman to lose weight. I am tired of looking at my thunder thighs!

I eat pretty healthy. A small breakfast, a salad (with some protein) for lunch and a sensible supper. I do occasionally eat fast food. Some people live to eat. I was never one of them. I just need more exercise!




My goals for Bat Fit 2014:
- I am not setting any dates but I will eventually lose the thunder thighs and bubble butt! I plan on walking more, no running. I plan on posting plenty of pictures for these. This will motivate me to show off my home town to you all!

- I plan on dancing to some industrial music several nights a week.

- I am going to look into a Yoga DVD. One for kids so I can do yoga with my son! He took yoga at his daycare and he loved it! This will encourage me to do it because he likes doing activities with his mom.

- I am going to start off slow because I am REALLY, REALLY out of shape. 5 push ups, 5 lunges, 5 sit ups and 5 squats a night. When I am able to do these without any problems, I am going to add another 5 and so forth!

- My work has a gym. I am going to start using it again like I did before I got sick. I wont go on my lunch (too many people and I like to take my time when re-applying makeup. I'm vain, I know!) but I will try to go early in the morning at least twice a week. I am going to take advantage of the elliptical!

So there you have it.

  

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I signed up too!

    When I turned 30 (albeit ten years ago), my friends and I each came up with a new challenge for ourselves. One was to become wilderness women. We went to a weekend retreat and were the only girls there who weren't in camouflage. We were going to learn how to skeet shoot but none of us cared for guns so instead we headed toward the the wilderness cooking and I recall eating a raw potato. Some tried bear but I'm vegetarian so nope, not for me. Anyhow, that was a completely long aside. One of the other activities was training to run a 10K. I actually liked running okay but I hated the competitive aspect of it. It was great exercise. I lost weight and my body transformed but I started avoiding it because it just wasn't fun. I recently had two days of ocular migraines so yikes for you! That is scary stuff.

    I love your idea about dancing. I should try that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Dancing is a great way to work out and it is fun too! There has been a huge temperature shift here in my area, tons of high humidity and pretty much everyday, I woke up with a migraine. I was prescribed the pills called Zolmitriptan. Once I feel a migraine coming on, I take one. Relax for 20 minutes and boom! gone! I was sad about the running because it is great cardio but I dont want to take a migraine pill everytime I run either

      Delete
    2. Snicker. Do you realize that dancing for 20 minutes a day was part of the original Bat Fit challenge series back in 2012? I think it was the second challenge -- see the tab on my blog. HA! Great minds think alike and all. Exercise MUST be fun in order to work, and dancing is fun for a lot of us. It's the one thing that keeps me going and motivated. Added bonus: it makes me happy! Win-win!

      Welcome aboard, darlings! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you! I agree. It has to be enjoyable. I might just wear my big stompy boots too (added weights) plus I could practice moves to show off when I do occasionally go clubbing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to have a gym at work. I use the crosstrainer at my work a lot since a knee injury has forced me to stop running. I also think that long walks are very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks about the knee injury. I know many people who can't run because of it. I think long walks are healthy. It helps me clear my head and puts things into perspective. it helps with my anxiety. Have fun with the crosstrainer!

      Delete
  4. Your goals seem reasonable. I think I'll sign up too. I'll have to take it easy since I just had a baby. But I have to start somewhere. And I'm losing mind with boredom on my leave from work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh so you had your baby! Congrats! Squeee! So happy for you. This is so exciting! When my son was born, I lived on a top floor of an apartment. During the day, while he napped, I walked up and down the stairs a few times. I went for short walks with the baby in the stroller. I went about it really slow too. Good luck with everything!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...