Sunday, May 25, 2014

My first post

Hello! I would like to start off by saying thank you! You found me! Whether it was by chance or you decided to be nice enough to read my Facebook status which lead you here.

I had a wave of inspiration earlier and decided to write what I was passionate about: The Goth subculture. I know there are many, many blogs on this subject but I decided to give it a little twist. Instead of those fashion pages or music pages, I decided to write about my life, as a thirty something goth chick who works in an office, is married and has a kid. I wanted to write about my family and about some of the comments I receive from people when I am out in public with my son. I wanted to show people just because we dress a certain way, it doesn't mean we cannot be "normal every day people". We just do it with a twist in a Morticia Addams sort of way!

I also want my readers, whether they are cute little baby bats just starting out in the scene, elder goths or just regular non-gothy folk  to see or relate to that sometimes, this isn't a phase we grow out of! We are sometimes the people who do your taxes, the guy who always wears that pin-stripped suit and darkly colored dress shirts at the bank. We are every where! Some goth people are more blatantly obvious than others with their appearance and sometimes we are more toned down. We could be your neighbor next door. Some people express themselves through their clothing and some people could be like me. Sitting at my computer while my kid is napping with a load of laundry in the machine. It is about 1pm in the afternoon, I am still not dressed yet. In fact, if you were to see me, you probably wouldn't think I was a gothy person at all! I am wearing Kermit the Frog pyjama pants and an old t-shirt that has Atari written on it. Any old skool gamers remember that console?

I want to write about my job and how I stay true to myself and work, as a receptionist no less in a busy office. Keep in mind though, I do work in the fashion industry that usually caters to the younger crowd so I can get a way with more than I did when I was working in the financial industry.

That being said, my main goal is to just write and enjoy myself. If I entertain you, make you laugh or even make new friends, lucky me!

Thanks for reading and here's to many more entries!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...